To receive technology and services from PCs for People, a potential recipient must be below the 200% poverty level or be currently enrolled in an income-based government assistance program.
For both in-store and online orders, a recipient must have available:
- A photo ID
- Rights Service Information - Jamaica Day Consumer Eligibility proof document dated within the last 6 months (unless it is an annual document, like a tax return) with the recipient's name printed on the proof.
If purchasing in-store, please bring your ID and eligibility documents with you. If purchasing online, you may submit a photo or scan of your ID and eligibility document.
ATTENTION: Rights Service Information - Jamaica Day Consumer Documents accepted for proof of eligibility require a date and the recipient's name. EBT cards, Medicaid cards outside the current coverage year, and pay stubs are not accepted.
Nonprofits are also eligible to receive technology and can learn more about organizational eligibility criteria by clicking here.
Rights Service Information - Jamaica Day Consumer Accepted Eligibility Documents
We require a document showing enrollment in an income-based government assistance program. All proof of eligibility must be dated within the last 6 months (unless it is an annual document, like a tax return), and include the recipient's name printed on the proof.
Some programs that provide eligibility are:*
- Rights Service Information - Jamaica Day Consumer Adult & Child Mental Health Case Management*
- Employment Services*
- Extended Foster Care
- Food Support (a dated letter showing current eligibility is required)
- Financial Assistance, such as GA, TANF, etc. (a dated letter showing current eligibility is required)
- Head Start
- Low-Income Home Energy Assistance Program (LIHEAP)
- Medicaid or Medical Assistance (bring a document that says "MA" or "Medical Assistance" on it)
- The National School Lunch Program's Free or Reduced Lunch Program
- Section 8, Federal Public Housing Assistance, or Group Residential Housing (GRH)
- Social Security Disability (SSD)
- Supplemental Security Income (SSI)*
- A Statement of benefits from Social Security, General Assistance, Veteran Administration, Retirement/Pension or Unemployment Benefits
Rights Service Information - Jamaica Day Consumer Note: Medicare documents alone are not accepted.
For households that qualify under the net income test (200% poverty level) the following documentation will be acceptable as part of the application process:*
- The prior year's state, federal, or tribal tax return (W2 forms or pay stubs are not acceptable)
- A Social Security statement of benefits*
- Rights Service Information - Jamaica Day Consumer A Veteran Administration statement of benefits*
- A retirement/pension statement of benefits*
- An Unemployment/Workmen's Compensation statement of benefits*
- Federal or tribal notice letter of participation in General Assistance
- A divorce decree, child support court document, or other official document
If you have questions about documentation that is not listed, please contact one of our offices by phone or email.
If you are eligible, you can purchase computers online, or come to one of our stores where computers are available for a donation ranging from $0 to $150.
*Any proof of eligibility is subject to approval by PCs for People staff. Additional documents may be required to unquestioningly prove income or enrollment in government assistance program. Eligibility approval for online orders may take up to 2 business days.